Are you thinking about purchasing home fitness equipment? Owning your own treadmill, exercise bike, or rowing machine can save you a lot of time and money compared to joining a fitness club. However, selecting the right equipment can be a challenge. Here are some tips:
- Try it first. Ask your home fitness equipment dealer to let you do a few minutes of exercise on the machine you’re considering. Most will agree. Be suspicious if they don’t.
- Ask around. Staff at local fitness clubs know the best equipment. Ask them for recommendations. Also ask friends and colleagues.
- Read on-line reviews. Type the name and model of the fitness machine you’re considering into Google along with the word “reviews”. Chances are you’ll find several websites that contain candid customer comments, complaints and testimonials.
- Make sure it fits. Home fitness equipment can take up a lot of space. Make sure the one you select fits in the room you have in mind. Pay particular attention to the ceiling height. You don’t want to hit your head while working out on your stair climber!
Transcription: Looking to sell your home? Selling a house is an exciting experience that can be financially rewarding. As a homeowner you want to maximize your selling price. A great place to start is the exterior look of your home. Creating curb appeal will ensure prospective buyers want to come inside.
First impressions are very important. Try seeing your home through the eyes of a potential buyer. Small lapses in maintenance over the years may have become invisible to you, but will be extremely obvious to potential buyers. Remember a little investment today will help you maximize your selling price tomorrow. There are plenty of helpful low-cost tips to create more curb appeal without spending a bundle. Here are a few:
- Remove all yard debris
- Cut, rake and patch any lawn discolourations
- Wash the driveway and patch cracks and holes
- Repair and paint your fence
- Clean the gutters and windows, and replace any broken windows or torn screens
- Repair and replace and damaged siding or shingles
- Touch up any peeling paint on doors, windows, siding, and trim
- Consider updating your front door handles, number sign, and lights
Remember, prospective buyers will judge your house within the first 30 seconds, so make sure you maximize this opportunity by adding natural beauty and colour with flower boxes and planters.
Your Royal LePage Realtor can give you important information on comparable properties that have recently sold in your local market. And to help achieve the best sale price in the shortest time possible, your Royal LePage Realtor will give you expert advice on what you need to do to prepare your home for sale. Among those suggestions will be simple fixes that will let you stay within budget while optimizing your return on investment. To maximize the selling price of your home, contact your local Royal LePage Realtor for more information on creating curb appeal and for expert help and advice on buying and selling.
Royal LePage held a social media contest for it’s Realtors, to post fun photos with the Canada’s Real Estate Company signs on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. Beth and I decided to do a ‘photo shoot’ around town for contest entries and posted them on our facebook business pages. We had SO much fun and ended up with some great photos!
(BPT) – Winter’s coldest days make you appreciate spring and summer, as well as the warm afternoons spent outdoors enjoying these seasons. And when the time comes, there’s no better place to relax than in your own backyard. If your space isn’t all it could be, though, this is the perfect time for a little outdoor upgrade.
Below are five projects you can tackle on your own to reinvent your backyard and turn it into the space you always knew it could be.
- Landscape for the year. Landscaping provides a focal point in your yard, but don’t just landscape with the warmer months in mind – include plants for each season. Showcase blooming flowers and hostas in the warmer months, and pair them with evergreen conifers for a look that’s inviting all year long.
- One-of-a-kind planter boxes. Showcase your most beautiful blooms or delicious herbs in planter boxes made from Western Red Cedar. Western Red Cedar is ideal for planter boxes because it is naturally rot, decay and insect resistant. Plus, building the box is easy. You can learn how to build planter boxes of your own at Realcedar.com.
- Sitting beside the fire. A fire pit is a great way to extend your backyard use into the evening hours, and giving the pit a professional look is easier than you think. Start by measuring the pit area and then build your wall of pavers. Surround the pit itself with gravel, additional pavers or another non-flammable substance, then add some comfy chairs and prepare to enjoy.
- The all-in-one pergola. Whether you’re looking for a little shade, a centerpiece for the yard or the perfect spot to entertain, a pergola delivers. Building the pergola out of a lighter wood like Western Red Cedar will make the material easier to handle for any DIYer, and the appearance and smell of Western Red Cedar ensures your pergola will blend in naturally with the rest of your yard. You can find instructions for building your own pergola at Realcedar.com.
- Let there be light. Enjoy your backyard any time of day with just a little lighting. Solar-powered path lights are a low-maintenance way to showcase your new landscaping, and hanging track lighting can bring an evening glow to your pergola. Finally, don’t forget tiki torches. Adding a couple will give your backyard a rustic feel and keep the mosquitos away at the same time. What could be better than that?
Your backyard is what you make of it, so why not make it great? Any of these projects will noticeably enhance your backyard. For more amazing backyard projects, visit Realcedar.com.